Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Pandemic of Fear

 
 

 
My wife and kids go to a female chiropractor in Coaldale. She actually teams up with her husband and has done wonders for my family. Dr. L is a very reasonable, sane, and competent human being, and the same can be said for her medical expertise. When I suggest she comes unglued at the word "H1N1," I do not believe I am exaggerating.


In other words, she is very concerned about the dangers of H1N1 immunization.


Then I read some behind-the-scenes information as to what comprises the vaccine - again, from reputable medical professionals - and I get confused, afraid, and mad. If a fraction of the information is true, then I honestly believe we do have a pandemic – but it is a pandemic of ignorance and gullibility.


When I consider the hype and pressure surrounding the whole immunization frenzy, I get really worried. To be sure, there is a so-called swine flu out there. Granted, people are getting sick, a number have died. I don't wish to minimize sickness or death. These are facts, and who can argue with facts?


But where I draw the line is the massive hysteria about the shots, and the hours of line-ups waiting for the great poke. Yet there is an incomplete, partial picture of what the vaccine is comprised of – and the damage that those shots are doing to our bodies. I think every reader should look into the background of H1N1 immunization – and don't just take my word for it, or the government's word for it, for that matter.


Thousands of Canadians will not be getting vaccinated this winter, but it's not because of a shortage of vaccine. Nor will it be because they could care less about their health. In fact, that couldn't be further from the truth. Truth be told, they understand the severe risks involved in getting immunized. They are simply no longer willing to blindly submit to peer pressure.


Despite the hype that has been foisted on us - from the government, the media, and the medical profession - I am frankly alarmed that so few people have paused to take a breath and investigate all the salient details behind the noise.


We live in a world of limited discernment. We are told something, so we believe it. Schools of every description and every form of media are the main conduits of such propaganda. Space forbids even a partial listing of examples, but I would cite some of the following: evolution, global warming, abortion, promiscuity. I humbly suggest that if one would pause and examine facts and evidence, motivation and goals (for starters), I think there would be many shocked seekers.


In other words, we don't do something because the government tells us do it, nor should we not do it because the government says we should do it. The key to my argument here is we should do what is right, once armed with the impartial facts.


I toss in the H1N1 rush with the above. There is a history of flues that have been far more deadly over the past 100 years. (Check out the epidemic of 1918-19, with the twenty million souls that lost their lives.) Even the common flu remains far more toxic the H1N1. And the general hysteria that has erupted in the past few weeks has me deeply concerned as to how people react to well-orchestrated decrees.


Lest there is any confusion as to my warning, I am not suggesting for a moment that we be less careful or cautious about our health. I am suggesting that we do due diligence when it comes to any public or popular trend. Check things out; examine the facts; get more than one opinion; reflect and discern.


Don't necessarily follow the crowd: They may be headed in the wrong direction.


No comments: